World Health Organization Approved Covid-19 Vaccine List PDF Summary
Dear Readers here we are sharing the WHO is the World Health Organization Approved Covid-19 Vaccine List PDF. This list will provide you all the detail such as name of the vaccine, manufacturer, type of vaccine and approved schedule etc. The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. It is established in 1948. Its headquartered is in Geneva, Switzerland, it has six regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide.
United Nations agency established the relationship between nations, partners and people to promote health, keep the world safe and serve the vulnerable – so everyone, everywhere can attain the highest level of health. the World Health Organization (WHO) issued an emergency use listing (EUL) for COVAXIN® (developed by Bharat Biotech), adding to a growing portfolio of vaccines validated by WHO for the prevention of COVID-19 caused by SARS-CoV-2.
WHO is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on:
- Setting norms and standards
- Articulating evidence-based policy options
- providing technical support to countries
- Monitoring and assessing health trends
- Global health matters
- Shaping the health research agenda
World Health Organization Approved Covid-19 Vaccine List PDF
The role of WHO in public health
WHO fulfils its objectives through its core functions:
- providing leadership on matters critical to health and engaging in partnerships where joint action is needed;
- shaping the research agenda and stimulating the generation, translation and dissemination of valuable knowledge;
- setting norms and standards and promoting and monitoring their implementation;
- articulating ethical and evidence-based policy options;
- providing technical support, catalysing change, and building sustainable institutional capacity; and
- monitoring the health situation and assessing health trends.
To download the World Health Organization Approved Covid-19 Vaccine List PDF, press the Download button given at the bottom of the page.