UPSC Notification 2022 PDF Summary
Dear readers, today we are going to offer UPSC Notification 2022 PDF for all of you. UPSC Notification 2022 has been released. For the civil services, examination dates are also released. Those Candidates who wish to apply for more than one category of post should apply separately for each category of post.
For e.g. (exempli gratia), if a candidate wishes to apply for Junior Assistant and Junior Statistical Assistant then He/She has to apply separately for these categories of posts. Through our post, you can also check out UPSC Online Application Form 2022 to know more about the steps involved while filling out the application form.
Every year, the UPSC Notification is released for the recruitment of civil servants in Indian officialism. The candidates who will register on the official UPSC website successfully will be issued Admit Cards for the IAS exam (Prelims) about three weeks before the date of the exam. Candidates also download the UPSC Notification 2022 PDF from the official website.
UPSC Notification 2022 PDF: Important Dates
|Name of the Event||Date(s)|
|IAS Prelims Registrations begin||February 2, 2022|
|CSE Prelims registrations end||February 2, 2022|
|UPSC CSE Admit Card 2022||Tentatively by May 10, 2022|
|UPSC CSE 2022 Exam Date||June 5, 2022|
|UPSC IAS Exam Result for Prelims||Tentatively by June 30, 2022|
UPSC 2022 Notification – Eligibility, Age and Education Qualification
The candidate has to be an Indian national for IAS and IPS posts. For others, they can be a citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan, and Tibetan refugees. Check more for the official notification.
(1) A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2022 i.e., the candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1990 and not later than 1st August, 2001.
(2) The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
- (a) up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe;
- (b) up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates;
- (c) up to a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services Personnel, disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof;
- (d) up to a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least five years of Military Service as of 1st August 2022 and have been released:
- (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August 2022, otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency); or
- (ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service; or
- (iii) on invalidment.
- (e) up to a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service as of 1st August 2022 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three months notice on selection from the date of receipt of an offer of appointment.
- (f) up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of candidates belonging to Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) categories viz.
- (i) blindness and low vision;
- (ii) deaf and hard of hearing;
- (iii) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy;
- (iv) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness;
- (v) multiple disabilities from amongst person under clauses (i) to (iv) including deaf-blindness.
CSE: A candidate must hold a graduate degree from any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification. More details in the notice.
IFS: A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or Engineering from any recognised University.
Candidates are required to pay the fee of Rs 100, whereas the Female/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability candidates are exempted from payment of the fee.
UPSC Notification 2022 PDF: Important Details
1. Candidates to Ensure Their Eligibility for the Examination:
All candidates (male/female/transgender) are requested to carefully read the Rules of Civil Services Examination notified by the Government (Department of Personnel and Training) and this Notice of Examination is derived from these Rules. The Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all eligibility conditions for admission to the examination.
Their admission to all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. The mere issue of an e-Admit Card to the candidate will not imply that the Commission has finally cleared his/her candidature. The Commission takes up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for the Interview/Personality Test.
2. How to Apply:
Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website https://upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above-mentioned website. Brief Instructions for filling up the “Online Application Form” are given in Appendix-IIA.
(i) Candidate should have details of one Photo ID Card viz. Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN Card/Passport/Driving Licence/Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government. The details of this Photo ID Card will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form.
The candidates will have to upload a scanned copy of the Photo ID whose details have been provided in the online application by him/her. This Photo ID Card will be used for all future referencing and the candidate is advised to carry this Photo ID Card while appearing for the Examination/Personality Test.
(ii) The facility of withdrawal of Application is available for those candidates who do not want to appear for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination. In this regard, Instructions are mentioned in Appendix IIB of this Examination Notice.
3. Last Date for Receipt of Applications:
The online Applications can be filled up from 22nd February 2022 till 6:00 PM. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admit Card will be made available on the UPSC website [https://upsconline.nic.in ] for downloading by candidates. No Admit Card will be sent by post.
4. Penalty for Wrong Answers:
Candidates should note that there will be a penalty (negative marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
5. Facilitation Counter for Guidance of Candidates:
In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.
6. Mobile Phones Banned:
(a) The use of any mobile phone (even in switched off mode), pager or any electronic equipment or programmable device or storage media like pen drive, smartwatches etc. or camera or blue tooth devices or any other equipment or related accessories either in working or switched off mode capable of being used as a communication device during the examination is strictly prohibited. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including a ban from future examinations.
(b) Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones/pagers to the venue of the examination, as arrangement for safe-keeping cannot be assured.
7. Candidates are advised not to bring any valuable/costly items to the venue of the examination, as safe-keeping of the same cannot be assured. Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
You can download UPSC Notification 2022 PDF by going through the following download button.