TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2022 PDF Summary
Hello friends, today we will upload the TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2022 PDF to assist you all. If you are searching for the TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2022 in PDF format but are unable to find it anywhere don’t worry we are here for your assistance. From here you will collect all the important details related to TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2022 PDF. Also, you can download the TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2022 PDF by clicking on the link given below.
Every year Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) conducts Combined Civil Services Examination Group I (Group 1 Services) to recruit candidates for various civil services posts in Tamil Nadu. TNPSC Group 1 Notification 2022 has been released and the preliminary exam date has been announced as 30th October 2022. The TNPSC Group 1 Exam Process 2022 will be done in three stages- Prelims, Mains and Interview. Candidates should read and study each level syllabus well. Read the full article to get details about TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2022, Mark Scheme, and more.
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2022 PDF- Details
|TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2022|
|Organization||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission|
|Name of the Exam||TNPSC Group 1 Exam|
|TNPSC Group 1 Exam Date||30th October 2022|
|TNPSC Group 1 Selection Process||
|Duration of Exam||Prelims: 3 hours
Mains: 3 hours for each paper
|Language of Exam||English, Tamil|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2022 for Prelims
The TNPSC Group 1 syllabus for the prelims exam is set as the degree course for General Studies and Aptitude & Mental Ability Test, the questions will be of SSLC Standard). Check the below section to understand the TNPSC Group 1 Prelims Syllabus 2022 for each unit.
Unit 1 General Science1. Scientific Knowledge and Scientific temper – Power of Reasoning – Rote Learning Vs Conceptual Learning – Science as a tool to understand the past, present, and future.
2. Nature of Universe – General Scientific Laws – Mechanics Properties of Matter, Force, Motion, and Energy – Everyday application of the basic principles of Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism, Light, Sound, Heat, Nuclear Physics, Laser, Electronics, and Communications.
3. Elements and Compounds, Acids, Bases, Salts, Petroleum Products, Fertilizers, and Pesticides.
4. Main concepts of Life Science, Classification of Living Organisms, Evolution, Genetics, Physiology, Nutrition, Health and Hygiene, and Human diseases.
5. Environment and Ecology
Unit 2- Current Events1. History – Latest diary of events – National symbols – Profile of States – Eminent personalities and places in the news – Sports Books and authors.
2. Polity – Political parties and political system in India – Public awareness and General administration – Welfare-oriented Government schemes and their utility, Problems in Public Delivery Systems.
3. Geography – Geographical landmarks.
4. Economics – Current socio-economic issues.
5. Science – Latest inventions in Science and Technology.
6. Prominent Personalities in various spheres- Arts, Science, Literature, and Philosophy.
Unit 3- Geography of India1. Location – Physical features – Monsoon, Rainfall, Weather and Climate – Water Resources – Rivers in India – Soil, Minerals and Natural resources – Forest and Wildlife – Agricultural pattern.
2. Transport – Communication.
3. Social Geography – Population density and distribution – Racial, Linguistic Groups and Major Tribes.
4. Natural calamity – Disaster Management – Environmental pollution: Reasons and preventive measures – Climate change – Green energy.
Unit 4- History & Culture of India1. Indus valley civilization – Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals, and Marathas – Age of Vijayanagaram and Bahmani Kingdoms -South Indian history.
2. Change and Continuity in the Socio-Cultural History of India.
3. Characteristics of Indian culture, Unity in diversity – Race, language, custom.
4. India as a Secular State, Social Harmony.
Unit 5- Indian Polity1. Constitution of India – Preamble to the Constitution – Salient features of the Constitution – Union, State, and Union Territory.
2. Citizenship, Fundamental rights, Fundamental duties, Directive Principles of State Policy.
3. Union Executive, Union legislature – State Executive, State Legislature – Local Governments, Panchayat Raj.
4. Spirit of Federalism: Centre – State Relationships.
5. Election – Judiciary in India – Rule of law.
6. Corruption in public life – Anti-corruption measures – Lokpal and Lokayukta – Right to Information – Empowerment of women – Consumer protection forums, Human rights charter.
Unit 6- Indian Economy1. Nature of Indian economy – Five-year plan models – an assessment – Planning Commission and Niti Ayog.
2. Sources of revenue – Reserve Bank of India – Fiscal Policy and Monetary Policy- Finance Commission – Resource sharing between Union and State Governments – Goods and Services Tax.
3. Structure of Indian Economy and Employment Generation, Land reforms and Agriculture – Application of Science and Technology in Agriculture – Industrial growth – Rural Welfare Oriented Programmes – Social problems – Population, Education, Health, Employment, Poverty.
Unit 7- Indian National Movement1. National Renaissance – Early uprising against British rule – Indian National Congress – Emergence of leaders – B.R.Ambedkar, Bhagat Singh, Bharathiar, V.O.Chidambaranar, Jawaharlal Nehru, Kamarajar, Mahatma Gandhi, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, Thanthai Periyar, Rajaji, Subash Chandra Bose, Rabindranath Tagore, and others.
2. Different modes of Agitation: Growth of Satyagraha and Militant Movements.
3. Communalism and partition.
Unit 8: History, Culture, Heritage, and Socio-Political Movements in Tamil Nadu1. History of Tamil Society, related Archaeological discoveries, Tamil Literature from Sangam age till contemporary times.
2. Thirukkural :
- Significance as a Secular literature
- Relevance to Everyday Life
- Impact of Thirukkural on Humanity
- Thirukkural and Universal Values – Equality, Humanism, etc
- Relevance to Socio – Politico-Economic affairs
- Philosophical content in Thirukkural
- Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle – Early agitations against British Rule – Role of women in the freedom struggle.
3. Evolution of 19th and 20th Century Socio-Political movements in Tamil Nadu – Justice Party, Growth of Rationalism – Self Respect Movement, Dravidian
4. Movement and Principles underlying both these movements, Contributions of Thanthai Periyar and Perarignar Anna.
Unit 9: Development Administration in Tamil Nadu1. Human Development Indicators in Tamil Nadu and a comparative assessment across the Country – Impact of Social Reform movements in the Socio-Economic Development of Tamil Nadu.
2. Political parties and Welfare schemes for various sections of people – Rationale behind Reservation Policy and access to Social Resources – Economic trends in Tamil Nadu – Role and impact of social welfare schemes in the Socio-Economic Development of Tamil Nadu.
3. Social Justice and Social Harmony as the Cornerstones of Socio-Economic development.
4. Education and Health systems in Tamil Nadu.
5. Geography of Tamil Nadu and its impact on Economic growth.
6. Achievements of Tamil Nadu in various fields.
7. E-governance in Tamil Nadu.
Unit 10 Aptitude & Mental Ability1. Simplification- Percentage, Highest Common Factor (HCF), Lowest Common Multiple (LCM).
2. Ratio and Proportion.
3.. Simple interest – Compound interest – Area – Volume – Time and Work.
4. Logical Reasoning – Puzzles, Dice, Visual Reasoning, Alphanumeric Reasoning, Number Series.
You can download the TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2022 PDF by clicking on the link given below.