Teaching Aptitude Book PDF Summary
Hello guys, today we are going to present Teaching Aptitude Book PDF for all of you. In Education, teaching is the concerted sharing of knowledge and experience, which is usually organized within a discipline and, more generally, the provision of stimulus to the psychological and intellectual growth of a person by another person.
It is instruction or delivering a particular skill or subject which is preplanned behaviours informed by learning principles and child development theory which directs and guides instruction to ensure desired student outcomes. It is a complex, multifaceted activity, often requiring us as instructors multiple tasks and goals simultaneously and flexibly.
Teaching is an activity aimed at bringing about meaningful learning through a method that is morally and pedagogically (educationally) acceptable. Teaching involves a teacher, a learner, content in form of knowledge, facts information and skill to be communicated a thoughtful purpose on the part of the learners to learn and finally a method that respects the learners’ cognitive integrity and freedom of choice.
Teaching Aptitude Book PDF
There are two fundamentally different ways of understanding teaching.
- Teaching is an instructor-centred activity in which knowledge is transmitted from someone who has acquired that knowledge to novice learners: teaching as knowledge transmission.
- Teaching is a learner-centred activity in which the instructor ensures that learning is made possible for novice learners and supports, guides, and encourages them in their active and independent creation of new knowledge: teaching as assisted knowledge creation.
- According to the oxford dictionary “Impart of knowledge or skill, give instruction or lessons,
instil and inspire with”.
- According to EPsiten (1981) “What all the great teachers appear to have in common is the love of their subject, an objective satisfaction in arousing this love in their students and an ability to convince them that what they are being thought is deadly serious.”
- Gage defined “Teaching as a process of relationship which should be dealt with cooperation.”
- According to “Brubacher” “In teaching children play the central role and the teacher optimal.”
- According to Smith (1947) “Considered teaching is a tri-polar process involving (i) agent
or sources of producing learning which may be human or material (ii) a goal or target to be achieved (iii) the intervening variables consisting of learning or teaching situation, involving human or physical conditions and instructional methods.”
- According to Am Idon (1967) “considered /teaching is a process of interaction between the teacher and the taught as a cooperative enterprise as two-way traffic.”
Arihant Teaching Aptitude Book PDF Free Download
According to Some definitions, Teaching is the process of attending to people’s needs, experiences and feelings, and making specific interventions to help them learn particular things.
Interventions commonly take the form of questioning, listening, giving information, explaining some phenomenon, demonstrating a skill or process, testing understanding and capacity, and facilitating learning activities (such as note-taking, discussion, assignment writing, simulations and practice).
Difference between Training, Coaching, Teaching and Mentoring
Training, coaching, Teaching and Mentoring are similar words theses are used for the learning process in different ways:
Training is a technique frequently used in organizations or Institutions to build a person’s skills, knowledge and attitudes in order to meet the accepted standards by a specific industry. Training helps a person master a specific skill in a direct (or “hands-on”) interaction, use Training.
Coaching is usually task and performance-based. It helps the students or learners to learn more efficiently depending upon their ability. It is used in private instruction or coaching in a particular subject or skill.
It means providing formal education for students typically in educational institutes like schools, universities, colleges etc. increasing capability in a general suite of skills through direct interactions with Teaching.
The role of the mentor is to build capability. The developmental mentor helps the learner discover their own wisdom by encouraging them to work towards career goals or develop self-reliance. Great mentors fill in blind spots, clarify motivations, and remove mental obstacles to success over longer-term interactions.
Teaching Aptitude Book PDF Free Download
1.1 Nature and Characteristics of Teaching
- Provide guidance and training
- Interaction between teacher and students.
- Teaching is the art to give knowledge to students in an effective way.
- Teaching is a science to educate facts and causes of a different topic of different subjects.
- Encourage students to learn more and more.
- Provide formal as well as informal education.
- Communication of information and knowledge to students.
- In teaching, the teacher imparts information in an interesting way so that can easily understand the information.
- Teaching is a tool to help students to adjust to society and the environment.
Arihant Teaching Aptitude Book PDF
Teacher has following objectives in Teaching Session.
(i) Development ability of Critical and Logical Thinking: Develop the ability of critical and logical thinking with process
- Identify the problems;
- Analyze the problems;
- Select relevant facts, principles etc.
- Establish relationships;
- Advance arguments in support of or against an issue;
- Draw inferences and conclusions;
- Verify the inferences
(ii) Development of Knowledge: The student acquires knowledge of various terms, concepts, events, ideals, problems personalities and principles related to the study.
- Recollection of facts, events, years and terms etc.
- Recognize facts, events, concepts, years etc.
- Read the information presented in different forms.
- Show information on maps, charts, diagrams etc.
(iii) Development of Understanding: Develop an understanding of terms, facts, events, years, principles etc. related to the study.
- Classify facts, events, terms, concepts etc.
- Compare and contrast the events, trends, concepts etc.
- Discriminate between the significant and the silly matters,
- illustrated events, and principles by citing examples,
- Identifying the relationship between causes and effects etc.
- Detect errors in the statement and rectify them,
- Arrange facts etc. in a particular known order, and
- Interpret the maps, charts etc. from the source of history.
(iv) Development of Attitudes: Students develop favourable attitudes with
- Show respect towards other people, ways of life, ideas etc.,
- Know about other religions and faiths;
- Establish friendships with other people;
- Practice the noble religions and their principles;
- Cooperate with others in social and historical activities;
- Appreciate cultural differences; and
- Believe in equality for man irrespective of caste, class, creed, color and religion.
(v) Create Interests in The Study: Developed Interests in the study of students with activities relating to
- Participate in historical drama and historical occasions;
- Visit places of historical interests, archaeological sites, museums and archives;
- Read historical documents, maps, charts etc.
- Play active roles in activities of the historical organizations and associations
- Write articles on related topics.
- Teach Case Study and Presentation of related topic.
(vi) Develop Practical Skills: Students develop practical skills with Draw historical maps, charts, diagrams, Preparing models, tools etc. which are helpful in the study and understanding of historical events.
(vii) Development of Adjustment: The manner of teaching should be such that it makes the pupils feel at home in the classroom. The teacher has to ensure that the learner is well adjusted to the environment which includes his classmates, schoolmates and other members of his society at large.
(viii) Achievement of Values: Moral, Cultural and Spiritual values of students are developed by the best teaching methodology. Which express emphatically points out that, “certain basic values as respect for others, responsibility, solidarity, creativity and integrity must be fostered in students”.
Emphasis should be given to educating good qualities like cooperation, goodwill, forgiveness, tolerance, honesty, patience etc. in order to encourage universal brotherhood and to prepare students worthy citizens of the country.
(ix) Make a Friendly Environment: One of the primary objectives of teaching is to make a friendly environment in the place of teaching which is helpful to remain focused on the teaching.
You can download Teaching Aptitude Book PDF by clicking on the following download button.