Squirrel Cage Induction Motor PDF Summary
Hello friends, here we are going to upload the Squirrel Cage Induction Motor PDF to help the students. A 3 phase squirrel cage induction motor is a type of three-phase induction motor which functions based on the principle of electromagnetism. It is called a ‘squirrel cage’ motor because the rotor inside of it – known as a ‘squirrel cage rotor’ – looks like a squirrel cage.
Squirrel Cage Induction Motor PDF – Advantages
- They are low cost
- Require less maintenance (as there are no slip rings or brushes)
- Good speed regulation (they are able to maintain a constant speed)
- High efficiency in converting electrical energy to mechanical energy (while running, not during startup)
- Have better heat regulation (i.e. don’t get as hot)
- Small and lightweight
- Explosion-proof (as there are no brushes that eliminate the risks of sparking)
Here you can download the Squirrel Cage Induction Motor PDF by click on the link given below.