Speech on Indian Constitution PDF Summary
Dear readers, here we are offering Speech on Indian Constitution PDF to all of you. The Constitution of India is the supreme law of India. The Constitution of India came in effect on 26 January 1950. 284 members of the Constituent Assembly were the signatories.
If you want to give a speech on Indian constitution and looking for a perfect speech to deliver on any special occasion. Surendra Nath Mukherjee was the Chief Draftsman of the Constituent Assembly and B. R. Ambedkar was Chairman of the Drafting Committee. Constitutional Advisor to the Constituent Assembly was B. N. Rau.
The following pdf of speech on Indian constitution will prove very helpful to you either you are a student or a in any other profile. This speech consist some of the most important facts related to speech on Indian Constitution. We hope you will like the given Speech on Indian Constitution in pdf formate.
Speech on Indian Constitution PDF
Introduction:- The Indian constitution is unique in its content and spirit. The salient features of the constitution are as follows:-
- Lengthiest written Constitution
- Blend of Rigidity and Flexibility
- Federal system with unitary features
- Parliamentary form of Government
- Independent judiciary
- Single citizenship
- Emergency provision
Structure:- The Indian Constitution originally consisted of 395 Art, 22 parts, 8 Schedules. But after the Constitution 104th Amendment Act, 2003, the Indian Constitution Consists of 448 Art, 25 parts, 12 Schedules.
Preamble:- The preamble to the constitution is based on the “ objective resolution” drafted and moved by Pandit Nehru and adopted by constituent assembly. It runs as follows:-
“We THE PEOPLE OF INDIA, having solemnly resolved to constitute India in to a SOVERIGN SOCIALIST SECULAR DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC and to secure to all its citizen:-
- JUSTICE, social, Economic, and Political;
- LIBERTY of thought, expression, belief, faith and worship;
- EQUALITY of status and of opportunity;,
- FRATERNITY assuring the dignity of the individual and the unity and integrity of the nation; In our Constituent Assembly, this 26th November, 1949, do hereby adopt, enact and give to ourselves this constitution.”
Purpose of the Preamble:- The preamble to the constitution is a key to open the minds of the makers and shows the general purpose for which they made the several provisions in the constitution. Preamble serves the following purposes:-
- It discloses the source of the constitution.
- It lays down the date of the commencement of the constitution.
- It set out the rights and freedoms which the people of India wished to secure for themselves.
- It declares the nature of the government.
Nature of Indian Constitution:-The Constitution is of two kinds:-
1. Unitary:- In a Unitary Constitutions the powers of the Government are centralized in one Government v.z. the States or Provinces are Subordinates to the Centre.
2. Federal:- In Federal Constitution, there is a division of Powers between the federal and the State Government and both are independent in their own spheres. The American Constitution is universally regarded as an example of the Federal Constitution.
Characteristics of a federal Constitution
- A Written Constitution :- For a federal Constitution it is Mandatory that there should be a written Constitution.
- Dual Government:- In case of federal constitution, there is system of dual government one at centre and another at state.
- Supremacy of Constitutions:- For a federal Constitution there should be supremacy of the Constitution. At the time of the exercise of power by three organs of the Govt. i.e. legislative, executive and Judiciary, all functions are Subordinated and Controlled by the Constitution.
- Distribution of Powers:- Federalism means the distribution of powers of the State among a Number of Co-ordinate bodies each originating in and controlled by the Constitution
- Rigidity:- Rigidity is one of the Basic essential of a federal Constitution. It highly depends on the Process of amendment.
- Independent Judiciary:- There should be an independent judiciary having authority on other organs. In a federal Constitution the courts (judiciary) has the final power to interpret the Constitution. Finally it should say that the judiciary is the Guardian of the Constitution.
Conclusion : Finally if can be said that the Indian Constitution is neither Purely federal nor purely unitary but a Unique Combination of Both aspects.
Peculiar feature of Indian Constitution:-
- Mode of formation
- Position of the state
- Residuary power
- The lengthiest Constitution in the world.
Meaning of State:- ( Art.12) The state includes:-
- The Government and parliament of India
- The Government and legislature of each of the states.
- All local and other authorities:
o Within the territory of India
o Under the control of the Government of India
You can download Speech on Indian Constitution PDF by clicking on the following download button.