Sir M Visvesvaraya Biography PDF Summary
Dear readers, here we are offering Sir M Visvesvaraya Biography PDF to all of you. The full name of Sir M Visvesvaraya is Sir Mokshagundam Vishveshwaraya who was born on 15 September 1861 in Muddenahalli, Kingdom of Mysore, British India. He received Bharat Ratna in 1955.
Sir Mokshagundam Vishveshwaraya is known as the first Indian civil engineer. He was born to Mokshagundam Srinivasa Shastry and Venkatalakshmamma of Muddenahalli in a Telugu Brahmin family. He died on 14 April 1962, in Bangalore, Mysore State, India.
Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya Biography PDF – Career Timeline
- Assistant Engineer in Bombay, 1885; served in Nasik, Khandesh (mainly in Dhule), and Pune
- Services lent to Municipality of Sukkur, Sind, 1894; designed and carried out waterworks for the municipality
- Executive Engineer, Surat, 1896
- Assistant Superintending Engineer, Pune, 1897–1899; visited China and Japan, 1898
- Executive Engineer for Irrigation, Pune, 1899
- Sanitary Engineer, Bombay, and member, Sanitary Board, 1901; gave evidence before Indian Irrigation Commission
- Designed and constructed automatic gates patented by him at Lake Fife Storage Reservoir; introduced a new system of irrigation known as “Block System”, 1903; represented the Bombay Government at Simla Irrigation Commission, 1904; on special duty, 1905
- Superintending Engineer, 1907; visited Egypt, Canada, United States, and Russia, 1908
- Consulting Engineer to Hyderabad/Nizam State supervised and carried out engineering works on Musi river; Hyderabad floods of 1909
- Retired from British Service, 1909
- Chief Engineer and Secretary to Government of Mysore, 1909
- Diwan of Mysore, Public Works Department and Railway, 1913
- Board of Directors of Tata Steel, 1927–1955
You can download Sir M Visvesvaraya Biography PDF by clicking on the following download button.