Satyendra Nath Bose Biography English PDF Summary
Dear readers, today we are going to share Satyendra Nath Bose Biography PDF for all of you. Here in this article, we have also given a direct download link for Satyendra Nath Bose Biography. Through this link, you can easily get it in pdf format. Satyendra Nath Bose was born on 1 January 1894.
He was one of the famous Indian mathematicians and physicists specialising in theoretical physics. In the early 1920s, Satyendra Nath Bose is best known for his work on quantum mechanics. By the Government of India in 1954, he was honoured with India’s second-highest civilian award which is known as the Padma Vibhushan.
He died on 4 February 1974. He has best known for Bose-Einstein condensate, Bose-Einstein statistics, Bose-Einstein distribution, Bose-Einstein correlations, Bose gas, Boson, Ideal Bose Equation of State and Photon gas. Including physics, mathematics, chemistry, biology, mineralogy, philosophy, arts, literature, and music, he had a wide range of interests in varied fields.
Satyendra Nath Bose Biography PDF: Overview
|Born||1 January 1894
Calcutta, Bengal Presidency, British Raj
|Died||4 February 1974 (aged 80)
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
|Alma mater||University of Calcutta|
|Spouse(s)||Ushabati Bose (née Ghosh)|
|Other notable students||
|Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha|
3 April 1952 – 2 April 1960
Satyendra Nath Bose Biography English PDF
- Satyendra Nath Bose was born on 1 January 1894
- He was born in Calcutta which is now known as Kolkata.
- His father’s name was Surendranath Bose and his mother’s name was Amodini Raichaudhuri.
- He was the eldest of seven children in a Bengali Kayastha family.
- With six sisters after him, Satyendra Nath was the only son.
- In the district of Nadia, in the Bengal Presidency, Bose’s ancestral home was in the village of Bara Jagulia.
- Satyendra’s schooling began at the age of five, near his home.
- He was admitted into the New Indian School when his family moved to Goabagan.
- Satyendra Nath Bose was admitted into the Hindu School in the final year of school.
- In 1909, he passed his entrance examination (matriculation) and stood fifth in the order of merit.
- In 1913, Satyendra Nath received a Bachelor of Science in mixed mathematics from Presidency College.
- He created a new record in the annals of the University of Calcutta, in the MSc examination.
- He got awarded fellow of the Royal Society and Padma Vibhushan.
- In 1916, Satyendra Nath Bose joined the Science College, Calcutta University as a research scholar.
- Satyendra Nath Bose, his father worked in the Engineering Department of the East Indian Railway Company.
- Satyendra Nath had nine children, two of whom died in early childhood.
- He left behind his wife, two sons, and five daughters when he died in 1974.
- Satyendra Bose was well versed in several languages such as Bengali, English, French, German and Sanskrit as well as the poetry of Lord Tennyson, Rabindranath Tagore and Kalidasa.
You can download Satyendra Nath Bose Biography PDF by going through the following download button.