Sabitri Brata Katha Odia PDF Summary
Dear readers, here we are offering the Sabitri Brata Katha Odia PDF download link to all of you. Sabitri Brata Katha is very important for those who are observing the Sabitri Brata and want to seek the complete result of the fast. Sabitri Brata is one of the most popular fasts in Hinduism. Sabitri Brata or Sabitri Amavasya is a festival celebrated by married Hindu women on the Amavasya the month of Jyestha.
As per the various Hindu scriptures, Savitri had brought back her dead spouse’s life from Yamraj following that wedded ladies started to keep this fast for the long existence of their significant other. This Sabitri Brata Katha Odia PDF will help you to complete your fast and bestow with you the ultimate blessings of the deity.
The day is having more importance to married women whose husbands are alive. Sabitri Brata or Sabitri Osa falls on the no moon day in the month of Jyeshtha. Odisha is remarkable for traditional Melas, Brata, Osha, and Pujas. Sabitri Brata and some Brata, Oshas, Melas, and Puja are derived from Ramayana, Mahabharata, Purana, and Grantha, etc.
Sabitri Brata Katha Odia PDF Download / Sabitri Brata Book in Odia PDF
Legend has it that Princess Savitri, the daughter of King Aswapati of Bhadra Kingdom, fell in love with Satyavan, a princess in exile who was now leading the life of a woodcutter. Sadly, Satyavan was destined to die within a year and Savitri was made aware of this fact by Rishi Narada. But Savitri decided to get married to Satyavan and live with him in the forest. As predicted, Satyavan fell from a tree and died within a year. Yamraj, the god of death, arrived to carry him away. Savitri made it clear to Yamraj that she will follow Yamraj along with her husband. Yamraj tried several ways to deter Savitri from following him but all his efforts were in vain and Savitri remained adamant. Finally, he agreed to give her three boons but not the life of her husband.
|Also called||Savitri Osha|
|Observed by||Married Hindu women of Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Odisha, and Nepal|
|Date||Jyeshtha (month) Amavasya|
|Related to||Savitri and Satyavan|
Savitri agreed. With the first boon, she got Satyavan’s father reinstated as King. With the second boon, she was able to restore the eyesight of her blind in-laws. The third boon she demanded was that she should have 100 sons from her husband. Lord Yama without any thought said ‘so be it. Soon, Yama realized that Savitri has tricked him. He had to now bring back Satyavan to life to keep his promise. Moved by Savitri’s devotion and determination, Yamraj brought back Satyavan to life. There are numerous Vratas based on the Savitri and Satyavan legend including the Vat Savitri Puja in North India and the Karadayin Savitri Nombu festival in Tamil Nadu.
How to observe Savitri Brata?
- Women wake up early morning on the Savitri Brata day and after taking bath, wear new clothes and ornaments including bangles. All married women wear red vermillion on the forehead, which is elongated to touch the line parting the hair.
- Savitri is symbolically represented by the grinding stone, locally known as Sila Pua. The grinding stone is thoroughly cleaned and worshipped. Bhoga or offering to Savitri consists of rice, wet pulses, and locally available fruits like mango, jackfruit, banana, etc.
- The fasting begins at sunrise and ends after sunset with the evening prayers.
- In some places, parents, elders, and brothers give a token amount of money to fasting women. Women take the blessing of parents and other elders.
- The fast is broken by consuming the offering made to Savitri.
- Women also make it a point to read or listen to the Savitri and Satyavan stories mentioned in the Mahabharata.
You can download Sabitri Brata Katha Odia PDF by clicking on the following download button.