Republic Day Essay in English - Description
Greetings to all, today we are going to upload the Republic Day Essay In English PDF to assist you all. Republic Day has been honoured every year in India on January 26, 1950, to honour the date on which the Constitution of India came into effect. India was a territory of the British for over 200 years and became independent from the rule of the British Raj following the Indian freedom movement.
While India became autonomous on August 14, 1947, it still didn’t have a permanent constitution, and Indian laws were based on a revised version of the British established, Government of India Act 1935. Every year Republic Day is honoured in India on 26th January with enthusiasm and zeal.
Sensational parades at Janpath, New Delhi, consisting of the Indian National Army and national flag hoisting in various parts of the country are common practices followed on this day. It was this day in history in 1965 when Hindi was announced as the official language of India.
Republic Day Essay In English PDF – Significance
- After attaining independence from British rule, the new constitution was enrolled by the drafting committee under the deanship of Dr BR Ambedkar. The Indian Constitution came into effect on 26 January 1950, which declared India’s occurrence as an independent republic.
- January 26th was chosen as the date because on this day in 1930, the Indian National Congress revealed Purna Swaraj, the declaration of India’s independence from colonial rule.
- Republic Day signifies the right spirit of Independent and individual India. The important symbols of the festival include the exhibition of military equipment, the national flag, and military equipment.
- The day brings together people of different casts, creeds, colours and backgrounds to celebrate the occasion with great fervour and enthusiasm. The national capital Delhi also hosts a grand parade to mark the occasion in which the Indian Military takes part and exhibits the grandeur that is associated with it.
- The pride and rich diversity of the country is on display in the parade which starts after the president unfurls the national flag and people pay their respects to martyrs who lost their lives while serving the country.
- India’s Prime Minister honours the martyrs by placing a ringlet at India Gate’s Amar Jawan Jyoti. The ceremony proceeds with a 21-gun salute, singing of the national anthem, and hoisting of the national flag. The brave soldiers are presented with the Paramvir Chakra, Ashok Chakra, and Vir Chakra.
- Children and citizens who have shown courage in difficult circumstances are also recognized with awards. The day is celebrated with great pomp throughout the country, especially in educational institutions. Schools, colleges and polytechnics host events to celebrate the day and create awareness among students.
- Speeches, extempore, quizzes and essay writing competitions are organized for students to participate. Republic Day is quite different from Independence Day but most people often end up confusing the two. Since both of them are about the nation and the values of sovereignism, autonomy and independence.
you can download the Republic Day Essay In English PDF by clicking on the link given below.