New Political Map of India HD - Description
Dear readers, here we are offering a New Political Map of India PDF to all of you. Political Maps do not show physical features. Instead, they show state and national boundaries and capital and major cities. Physical Maps – illustrate the physical features of an area, such as the mountains, rivers, and lakes.
New Political Map of India HD PDF
- India is officially known as the Republic of India. It comprises a total of 28 states along with eight union territories. India is the second most populated country in the world and the world’s largest democracy.
- The country’s coastline measures 7,517 kilometers in length, out of which 5,423 kilometers belong to peninsular India, and 2,094 kilometers belong to Andaman, Nicobar, and Lakshadweep island chains. Additionally, the Indian naval hydrographic charts along with the mainland coastline include 43% of sandy beaches, 36% of mudflats, marshy shores 10%, and rocky shores 11%.
- Broadly, India is divided into six major zones: East India, West India, North India, South India, Northeast India, and Central India.
- Eastern India includes the states of Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, West Bengal, and a union territory Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The total population of these states is 226,925,195.
- The Eastern zone covers a total area of 418,323 sq km Bengali is the dominant language in the state of West Bengal. In contrast, Odia and Hindi are the principal languages in the states of Odisha, Bihar, and Jharkhand. English, Maithili, Nepali, and Urdu are other languages spoken in Eastern India.
- The Western region of India covers a total area of 508, 052 sq km Some of the popular states of western India are Gujarat, Goa, and Maharashtra Union Territory of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu. Mumbai, the financial capital of India, is the capital city of Maharashtra.
- The states of western India have a prosperous economy with a relatively high standard of living. Official languages of the Western Indian states are Marathi, Gujarati, Konkani, and English.