Nari Shakti Puraskar 2022 Winners List PDF Summary
Dear readers, here we are offering Nari Shakti Puraskar 2022 Winners List PDF to all of you. On the occasion of International Women’s Day, President Ram Nath Kovind on Tuesday presented the Nari Shakti Puraskar for 2020 and 2021 to 29 women who have made an outstanding contribution to the empowerment of women.
The President presented 28 awards to 29 women who have rendered outstanding services for the empowerment of women. These include 14 awards for 2020 and 14 awards for 2021. The Nari Shakti Puraskars are presented under the initiative of the Ministry of Women and Child Development in recognition of the remarkable contribution made by individuals and institutions.
The 2020 awards ceremony could not be held in 2021 due to circumstances arising out of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Nari Shakti Puraskar winners for the year 2020 include women working in the fields of entrepreneurship, agriculture, innovation, social work, arts, crafts, STEMM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Medicine, and Mathematics), and wildlife conservation.
Nari Shakti Puraskar 2022 Winners List PDF
|Name||State / UT||Domain|
|Sathupati Prasanna Sree||Andhra Pradesh||Linguist – preserving minority tribal languages|
|Tage Rita Takhe||Arunachal Pradesh||Entrepreneur|
|Madhulika Ramteke||Chhattisgarh||Social Worker|
|Niranjanaben Mukulbhai Kalarthi||Gujarat||Author & Educationist|
|Pooja Sharma||Haryana||Farmer & Entrepreneur|
|Anshul Malhotra||Himachal Pradesh||Weaver|
|Shobha Gasti||Karnataka||Social Activist – Working for ending Devadasi system|
|Radhika Menon||Kerala||Captain Merchant Navy – First woman to receive award for Exceptional Bravery at Sea from IMO|
|Kamal Kumbhar||Maharashtra||Social Entrepreneur|
|Sruti Mohapatra||Odisha||Disability Rights Activist|
|Batool Begam||Rajasthan||Maand & Bhajan Folk Singer|
|Thara Rangaswamy||Tamil Nadu||Psychiatrist & Researcher|
|Neerja Madhav||Uttar Pradesh||Hindi Author – working for rights for transgenders and Tibetan refugees|
|Neena Gupta||West Bengal||Mathematician|
Nari Shakti Puraskar – Eligibility
- The awards are open to all individuals and institutions.
- In the case of the individual category, the awardee must be at least 25 years of age on the 1st July of the award year (e.g. for the year 2020 awards to be distributed on 08.03.2021, the age should be as on 01.07.2020 and so on).
- If the applicant is from an institution, they should have worked in the relevant field for at least 5 years.
- The applicant should not be a recipient of the same award earlier (including Stree Shakti Puraskars as were awarded by the Ministry earlier).
- The Nari Shakti Puruskar may be awarded for outstanding work, preferably in exceptional circumstances, to – individuals/groups/institutions / NGOs, etc. in the areas of economic and social empowerment of women or pertaining to this theme or incidental thereto. The Nari Shakti Puruskar may be awarded to individuals/ groups/ NGOs/ institutions etc. who encouraged women to participate in decision-making roles; encouraged women’s skill development in traditional and non-traditional sectors; facilitated basic amenities for rural women; promoted women in non-traditional sectors like science and technology, sports, art, culture, concretely and significantly towards safety and security, health and wellness, education, skill development, life skills, respect and dignity of women, etc.
- An award may also be given to a State or Union Territory, which has appreciably improved Child Sex Ratio (CSR).
- Normally the awards shall not be presented posthumously; except in cases where the death occurred subsequent to a proposal having been submitted to the Ministry in the manner as stipulated in these guidelines.
Selection Process of Nari Shakti Puraskar 2022 Winners
- A Screening Committee shall be constituted by the Ministry of Women and Child Development to scrutinize and shortlist the nominations received for the Awards considering the achievements of the applying/ recommended individuals and institutions. The Screening Committee shall consist of:
a. Joint Secretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development – Chairperson, ex-officio
b. Domain expert in the field of women issues/gender expert, Ministry of Women and Child Development – Member
c. Concerned Director/ DS level officer, Ministry of Women and Child Development – Member
d. Director/ DS level officer, Ministry of Urban Development, Rural Development, Health, Panchayati Raj, Home Affairs, NITI Aayog – Member
e. Representative of CII and FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO) – Member
f. Concerned Under Secretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development – Member Secretary
- A Selection Committee shall be constituted by the Ministry of Women and Child Development to elect the awardees on the basis of the recommendation of the Screening Committee. The Selection Committee shall consist of:
a. Hon’ble Minister for Women and Child Development – Chairperson, ex-officio
b. Hon’ble Minister of State for Women and Child Development – Member, ex-officio
c. Secretary, Ministry of Women & Child Development – Member, ex-officio
d. Special or Additional Secretary, Ministry of Women & Child Development – Member, ex-officio
e. Secretary or his nominee from Ministry of Rural Development – Member, ex-officio
f. Five National level eminent NGOs/individuals/institutions – Co-opted members
g. Joint Secretary (Women Awards) – Member-Secretary
You can download Nari Shakti Puraskar 2022 Winners List PDF by clicking on the following download button.