MP Accommodation Control Act 1961 - Description
Dear readers, here we are offering MP Accommodation Control Act 1961 PDF to all of you. According to this act “An Act to provides for the regulation and control of letting and rent of accommodations, for expeditious trial of eviction cases on ground of “bona fide” requirement of [certain categories of landlords
and generally to regulate and control eviction of tenants from accommodations and for other matter connected therewith or incidental thereto” IF you want to learn about this act in detail and want to get MP Accommodation Control Act 1961 PDF then you can get it here.
MP Accommodation Control Act 1961 PDF
Short title, extent, and commencement.
- This Act may be called The Madhya Pradesh Accommodation Control Act, 1961.
- It extends to the whole of Madhya Pradesh.
- The Act shall, in the first instance, be in force in the areas specified in the [first Schedule], It shall [come into force] in other areas of the State on such dates as the State Government may, by notification, appoint and different dates may be appointed for different areas and for different provisions of the Act and thereupon the [first Schedule] shall be deemed to have been amended accordingly
(1) The Madhya Bharat Accommodation Control Act, 1955 (Madhya Bharat Act 23 of 1955), as in force in that part of the State of Madhya Pradesh which immediately before the 1st day of November, 1956, formed the State of Madhya Bharat is hereby extended to, and brought into force in, the cantonment of Mhow with the following modifications, namely:–
In the said Act,–
(a) for the words “commencement of this Act” wherever they occur, the words extension of this Act to the cantonment” shall be substituted;
(b) in section 1, for sub-sections (2), (3) and (4), the following sub-sections shall be substituted, namely:–
“(2) It extends to the Cantonment of Mhow.
(3) It shall remain in force upto the 31st day of December, 1957; but the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, direct from time to time that it shall remain in force for such further period as may be specified in the notification so, however, that the total period for which it may remain in force shall not exceed two years from the 31st day of December, 1957.”;
(c) in section 2, in clause (b) of sub-section (1), for the words “a Municipality”, the words “the Cantonment Board” shall be substituted;
(d) in section 3, in clause (e), for the word “Municipal”, the words “Cantonment Board” shall be substituted;
(e) in section 4,–
(i) in clause (g), for the words “city or town concerned”, the word “cantonment” shall be substituted;
(ii) in clause (h), for the words “city or town for that purpose and if he was in occupation, has for sufficient reasons vacated it after the Act has been extended to that city or town”, the words “cantonment for that purpose or if he was in occupation, has for sufficient reasons vacated it after the extension of this Act thereto” shall be substituted;
(f) in section 6,–
(i) in sub-section (1), the words and brackets “situated in the city of Lashkar (including Gwalior and Morar), Indore, Ujjain or Ratlam” shall be omitted;
(ii) sub-section (2) shall be omitted;
(g) in section 14, the words “the provisions of this Act cease to be applicable to any town, or” shall be omitted;
(h) in section 15, after the word “instituted”, the words “or if instituted, continued”, shall be inserted;
(i) in section 18, sub-section (4) shall be omitted;
(j) in section 21, the words “or deemed to have been passed” shall be omitted;
(k) in section 22, the words “or deemed to have been made” shall be omitted;
(l) section 23, section 27 and the Schedule shall be omitted;
(m) in sections 24 and 25, the words “or deemed to have been made” shall be omitted.
You can download MP Accommodation Control Act 1961 PDF by clicking on the following download button.