Download Low Glycemic Index Foods List PDF for free from documents.hants.gov.uk using the direct download link given below.
Low Glycemic Index Foods List
A low glycemic index (GI) refers to a GI value of 55 or less. Low-GI foods include most fruits and vegetables, whole or minimally processed grains, beans, pasta, low-fat dairy products, and nuts. Here we have also uploaded the Low Glycemic Index Foods List PDF in English language.
Foods with a GI of 56 to 69 come under the category of moderate-GI foods. They include potatoes, white rice, corn, couscous and breakfast cereals such as Mini-Wheats and Cream of Wheat.
High GI means a GI of 70 or more. Foods with high GI include white bread, cakes, doughnuts, cookies, rice cakes, most crackers, bagels, croissants and most packaged breakfast cereals.
Low Glycemic Index Foods List PDF
Some of the common low-glycemic foods are as follows
- Green peas
- Leafy greens such as spinach, collards, kale, and beet
- Green beans
- Bok choy
- Brussels sprouts
- Peppers including bell peppers and jalapeno
- Crookneck squash
- Snow peas
- Dried apricots
- Unripe banana
Whole or Minimally Processed Grains
- Whole wheat
- Oat bran and rice bran cereals
- Whole-grain pasta
- Whole-grain pumpernickel bread
- Sourdough bread
- Wheat tortilla
Dairy and Dairy-Substitute Products
- Plain yogurt
- Cottage cheese
- Soy milk and yogurt
- Nuts and nut butter
- Seeds such as pumpkin, chia, sunflower and flax seeds
- Poultry such as chicken and turkey
- Eggs and egg whites
- Fish and shellfish
- Meat such as beef and pork
- Oils such as extra virgin olive oil and canola oil
- Fats such as lard, shortening and butter
Here you can download the Low Glycemic Index Foods List PDF in English language by click on the link given below.