List of 269 Teachers in West Bengal PDF Summary
Hello guys, today we are going to provide a List of 269 Teachers in West Bengal PDF for all of you. In 2014, the Calcutta (Kolkata) High court ordered a CBI inquiry into the recruitment of primary teachers by the West Bengal Board of Primary Education. West Bengal Board of Primary Education is also known as WBBPE in short form.
In its last order, the Calcutta High Court declared that the recruitment list was published in 2017 and the recruitment process was carried out illegally. The high court also ordered the dismissal of 269 people from their jobs and suspended their salaries.
While passing the order, Justice Gangopadhyay noted that these 269 candidates secured the job despite not passing the written test and some of them also did not even appear for it. The bench of Justice Avijit Gangopadhyay also ordered the immediate cancellation of the appointment of 269 candidates for the post of primary teachers.
List of 269 Teachers in West Bengal PDF / 269 Primary Teacher List PDF
- A single-judge panel of the Calcutta High Court on Monday ordered a CBI inquiry into the recruitment of primary teachers by the West Bengal Board of Primary Education (WBBPE) in 2014.
- This is yet another setback for the West Bengal administration, particularly the education department.
- The bench of Justice Avijit Gangopadhyay also ordered the dismissal of 269 candidates for the position of primary school teachers. While passing the order, Gangopadhyay noted that these 269 candidates were hired despite not passing the written exam and that some of them did not even show up for it.
- The single-judge court has ordered WBBPE to immediately stop paying these 269 candidates’ salaries and to guarantee that they are no longer allowed to visit the schools to which they were assigned. In 2017, the WBBPE released a revised and second merit list for the 2014 recruitment examination.
- These 269 individuals were given an extra mark in the amended merit list, according to the findings. The WBBPE officials explained that the extra one mark given to each of the 269 candidates was due to a question paper error, but the explanation was insufficient to satisfy the court.
- According to Justice Gangopadhyay, this logic explains why the additional one mark was given just to these 269 students, ignoring the rest 23 lakh competitors who took the identical exam. As a result, the bench also dismissed WBBPE’s amended and second merit list, which was released in 2017.
- WBBPE President Manik Bhattacharya and the board’s Secretary Ratna Chakraborty (Bagchi) were also ordered by Justice Gangopadhyay to appear at the CBI’s Kolkata headquarters by 5.30 p.m. on Monday with all supporting papers and to answer the sleuths’ queries.
- The CBI is already investigating the West Bengal School Service Commission’s recruitment irregularities in different teaching and non-teaching positions (WBSSC). Former Education Minister and Trinamool Congress Secretary General Partha Chatterjee were also questioned thrice by the CBI in this matter.
269 Primary Teacher Name List PDF / List of 269 Teachers in West Bengal PDF Download
- In yet another blow to the West Bengal government, in particular, the education department, a single-judge bench of the Calcutta High Court on Monday ordered a CBI inquiry into the recruitment of primary teachers by the West Bengal Board of Primary Education (WBBPE) in 2014.
- The bench of Justice Avijit Gangopadhyay also ordered the immediate cancellation of the appointment of 269 candidates for the post of primary teachers.
- While passing the order, Gangopadhyay observed that these 269 candidates secured jobs despite not qualifying in the written examination and some of them did not even appear for the same.
- The single-judge bench directed WBBPE to immediately stop the payment of salaries to these 269 candidates and also ensure that they are not able to enter the respective schools they were appointed to henceforth.
- WBBPE came out with a revised and second merit list in 2017 for the recruitment examination conducted in 2014.
- It was observed that in the revised merit list, these 269 candidates were awarded one additional mark each.
- Although the WBBPE authorities explained that this additional one mark for each of these 269 candidates was awarded because of some error in the question paper, the explanation could not satisfy the court.
- The CBI is already conducting a probe into the recruitment irregularities in various teaching and non-teaching posts by the West Bengal School Service Commission (WBSSC).
2 thoughts on “List of 269 Teachers in West Bengal”
269 failed candidate, this PDF is not in this case.
Actually, the data on this website is collected from various internet sources, so sometimes we also got confused by the information channels. The previous PDF was mistakenly fetched due to some technical error, The post is updated, you can check it now.
We feel sorry for your discomfort.