Lachit Borphukan in English PDF Summary
Hello friends, here we are going to share Lachit Borphukan PDF in English for all of you. The complete name of Lachit Borphukan is Bir Lachit Borphukan. He was born on 24 November 1622 and died on 25 April 1672. In the Ahom kingdom, Lachit Borphukan was a very famous commander and Borphukan.
In present-day, Ahom kingdom is located in Assam state. in the Brahmaputra Valley in Assam, the Ahom kingdom was a late medieval kingdom. In India, Bir Lachit Borphuksn is known for his leadership in the 1671 Battle of Saraighat. Due to illness, he died about a year later after the Battle of Saraighat.
Lachit Borphukan PDF in English – Essay on Lachit Borphukan in 500 Words
- Lachit Borphukan was the Borphukan and the Commander in Chief of the Ahom Kindom Army. He was born on born on 24 November 1622 in the Ahom Kingdom Located in present Assam. His father’s name was Momai Tamuli Borbarua (Governer of Upper-Assam and Commander in Chief of the Ahom Army) and his mother’s name was Kunti Moran.
- He was the youngest son of his parents. After completing his study in humanities and military strategies, he was appointed as the Saladhara Barua (Private Secretary) of Ahom King.
- He was also appointed to other important positions like the superintendent of Stable Royal Horses and the superintendent of house guards. King Chakradwaj Singha was impressed by his duty, honesty, and discipline and made him the Commander in Chief of the Ahom Army.
- By the time of Lachit’s appointment as commander, the Mughals had occupied the Guwahati and forced the Ahoms to sign a humiliating treaty named the “Treaty of Ghilajhari Ghat” in 1963.
- This treaty had several harsh conditions so Ahom king Chakradwaj Singha denied to sign that and resolved to rid the entire region of the Mughal Empire.
- The Ahom attacked the Mughals under the Lachit’s commandership. Feroz Khan and many others were incarcerated and Guwahati was free once again.
Battle of Saraighat
- Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb appointed famous Rajput general Ram Singha to lead an expedition against Assam. In 1669 Ram Singha reached Assam with more than 18,000 soldiers and the war started. The spasmodic war continued nearly for two years, but Ram Singh failed to break the Ahom’s army.
- One day Ram Singha’s army killed 10,000 Ahom soldiers, this gives a massive setback for the Ahom soldiers, and they started to feel demotivated.
- On the other hand, Lachit fell ill. Ram Singha wanted to take the advantage of this situation and he nearly succeeded in breaking the Ahom’s defence through a naval fight on the Bramhaputra’s water, in Saraighat. By seeing that Lachit carried himself on a boat in spite of his illness, he joined the war.
- Seeing Lachit’s bravery, his soldiers inspired and started doing war with full motivation and defeated Ram Singha. Ram Singha left Assam on 5th April 1671.
- Lachit dies in 1672 due to illness at the age of 50. With his great braveness, patriotism, and dutifulness Lachit remain a hero of Assam’s history. On 24 November each year, Lachit Divas are Celebrated in Assam to commemorate the heroism of Lachit Borphukan and Celebrate the victory of the Battle of Saraighat.
- For his Bravery and his contribution, the best cadet from the National Defence Academy is awarded the Lachit Borphukan gold medal.
- Lachit Borphukan’s Maidam was created by Swargadeo udayaditya Singha in 1672 as a memory of Lachit Borphukan. Which is situated in Jorhat.
You can download Lachit Borphukan PDF in English by clicking on the following download button.