Human Anatomy and Physiology PDF Summary
Dear readers, here we have brought you the Human Anatomy and Physiology PDF to all of you. Human Anatomy and Physiology is the deep and detailed study of the Human body. The course human anatomy and physiology for nurses is designed to help student nurses learn and understand how the human body is organized and functions.
Equipping the student nurse with the knowledge of anatomy and physiology will further assist the student in understanding what happens and what to do when the body is injured, diseased, or placed under stress. This teaching and learning material (lecture notes) for nursing students at a diploma level is prepared in line with this concept.
Human Anatomy and Physiology PDF
Therefore, the students are expected to achieve the following general educational objectives after completion of the course:
- Understand and use anatomical terms.
- Understand the function of the various organs and their relations with one another.
- Know the location of each organ and the important anatomical landmarks.
- Know the normal structure of the human body in general.
- Use the knowledge of anatomy and physiology in nursing practice.
Human Anatomy and Physiology PDF – Learning Objective
At the end of this chapter, the students should be able to:
- Define Anatomy and Physiology
- Explain Homeostasis
- Describe levels of structural organization of the human body
- Discuss directional terms, anatomical position, planes, and sections used in Anatomy.
- Differentiate body cavities
Selected Key terms
The following terms are defined in the glossary:
- Anatomical position
- Body regions
- Directional terms
- Appendicular skeleton
- Axial skeleton
- Body cavities
- Body plane
An Introduction To The Human Body
- The number of humans in the world now is 7.53 billion (7, 530,000,000) !!
- More than 250 babies are born every minute, while 150,000 people die daily, with the population increasing
by almost three humans per second.
- Each of us lives, thinks, worries, and daydreams with, and within, that most complex and marvelous of
possessions – a human body !!
- The body is a series of 11 integrated systems. Each system carries out one major role or task.
- The systems are, in turn, composed of main parts known as organs, the organs consist of tissues, and tissues are made up of cells.
You can download Human Anatomy and Physiology PDF by clicking on the following download button.