EPFO Life Certificate Form - Description
Dear readers, here we are offering EPFO Life Certificate Form PDF to all of you. Pension is an important source of income for senior citizens after retirement. It makes them financially capable at this stage of life to meet their needs and helps in emergency situations. If you are a pensioner then this news is definitely for you. Government of India Pensioners Digital Life Certificate – External website that opens in a new window Known as Jeevan Pramaan – External website that opens in a new window, the objective of the scheme is to digitize the entire process of obtaining Life Certificate Make it easy by making it. There are crores of pensioners across the country, they have to submit their life certificate once a year. On the other hand, old people above 60 years get time between 1 November to 30 November 2022, but do you know that there are some pensioners who are not required to submit life certificate in the month of November. As per the rules, every year in the month of October and November all the senior citizens who get pension submit their life certificate to the banks. Pensioners of Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) get the facility that they can submit their life certificate at any time of the year.
EPFO Life Certificate Form PDF Overview
- Jeevan Pramaan is a biometric enabled digital service for pensioners. Pensioners of Central Government, State Government or any other Government organization can take benefit of this facility. More than One Crore families in India can be classified as pensioner families, where the pension disbursed by the various government bodies forms the basis for their income and sustainability.
- There are about Fifty Lakh pensioners of the Central Government and a similar number of the various State and UT Governments and various other government agencies. This includes pensioners from the various public sector enterprises. In addition to this Army and Defence Personnel drawing pension exceeds Twenty-five lakhs.
- One of the major requisite for the pensioners post their retirement from service, is to provide life certificates to the authorized pension disbursing agencies like Banks,Post offices etc., following which their pension is credited to their account. In order to get this life certificate the individual drawing the pension is required to either personally present oneself before the Pension Disbursing Agency or have the Life Certificate issued by authority where they have served earlier and have it delivered to the disbursing agency.
- This very requirement of personally being present in front of the disbursing agency or getting a life certificate often becomes a major hurdle in the process of seamless transfer of pension amount to the pensioner. It has been noted that it causes a lot of hardship and unnecessary inconvenience particularly for the aged and infirm pensioners who cannot always be in a position to present themselves in front of the particular authority to secure their life certificate.
- In addition to this a lot of government employees post their retirement choose to move to a different location either to be with their family or other reasons, hence causing a huge logistical issue when it comes to accessing their rightful pension amount. Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners Scheme of the Government of India known as Jeevan Pramaan seeks to address this very problem by digitizing the whole process of securing the life certificate.
- It aims to streamline the process of getting this certificate and making it hassle free and much easier for the pensioners. With this initiative the pensioners requirement to physically present himself/herself in front of the disbursing agency or the certification authority will become a thing of the past benefiting the pensioners in a huge way and cutting down on unnecessary logistical hurdles.
You can download EPFO Life Certificate Form PDF by clicking on the following download button.