Duplicate PAN Card PDF Summary
Dear readers, here we are offering a Duplicate PAN Card PDF to all of you. PAN card is referred to as the permanent account number which is shortly known as PAN. PAN card is a ten-character alphanumeric identifier, issued as per RBI guidelines. The entities making e-commerce transactions are required to provide a PIN (Personal Identification Number) while executing an online transaction.
Therefore, before making payment for online PAN/TAN applications using credit card/debit card / net banking, the applicant is required to obtain a PIN from Banks whose credit card/debit card/net banking is being used. If you also want to download a duplicate PAN card then this article will help you.
Some important points relating to Duplicate PAN Card
Given below are some important points related to duplicate PAN Card which you must keep in mind:
- In case your PAN card gets stolen, you will need to file an FIR by visiting the nearest police station. A copy of the FIR is to be sent along with all the relevant documents when applying for a duplicate PAN Card.
- If you are sending the acknowledgment of PAN application by the registered post, then it is mandatory for you to mention ‘Acknowledgement No. – (*************) – Application for Reprint of PAN or Application for changes or correction in PAN data’ on the top of your envelope.
- You will have to pay an application fee when applying for a duplicate PAN card. The application fee for an Indian resident is Rs.110 and for a non-resident person is Rs.1,020.
- Your duplicate PAN Card will be dispatched to the address mentioned in your Aadhaar Card.
How to Apply for a Duplicate PAN Card Offline
You will have to follow the steps given below if you wish to apply for a duplicate PAN card offline:
Step 1:You will have to download or print the ‘Request for new PAN Card and/or changes or corrections in PAN data’ form.
Step 2:Fill the form.
Step 3:Mention your 10-digit PAN number
Step 4:Attach a couple of passport size photograph of yours and cross-sign it in a careful manner.
Step 5:You will have to send the form to the NSDL center along with the other necessary documents such as proof of identity, proof of address, etc.
Step 6:Make sure to make the payment. The NSDL after receiving your form will review the form and will provide you with a 15-digit reference number.
Step 7:You can also check the status of your application using the 15-digit reference number.
Step 8:The application will be sent to the Income-tax PAN services unit. If the information provided by you is correct, then you will most likely receive your duplicate card within 14 days of your applying for a duplicate PAN Card.
Download Duplicate PAN Card using Aadhaar Card
The NSDL offers you the option to download a duplicate PAN card using your Aadhaar card. You can follow the steps mentioned below to request for your duplicate PAN card using your Aadhaar Card:
Step 1: Visit the official TIN-NSDL website of the Income Tax Department at https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/ReprintEPan.html.
Step 2: Fill in the form with the required data such as your PAN, Aadhaar number, date of birth, and GSTIN (optional).
Step 3: Check the box against the ‘Terms and conditions’ declaration.
Step 4: Enter the Captcha code in the designated field.
Step 5: Click on the ‘Submit’ button to proceed.
Step 6: You will be redirected to a new web page wherein you can scroll down and select the option to receive a One Time Password or OTP on your registered contact details (email ID and mobile phone number).
Step 7: Generate the OTP and enter the same in the designated field.
Step 8: Click on the ‘Validate’ button to submit your request for the issuance of the duplicate Aadhaar card.
Documents Required for Duplicate PAN Card
Given below is the list of documents you will have to submit for obtaining a duplicate PAN Card:
- Self-attested identity proof such as Aadhaar, driving license, voter ID, etc.
- Self-attested address proof such as Aadhaar, bank account statements, utility bills, etc..
- Self-attested document mentioning the date of your birth such as Passport, matriculation certificate, certificate of birth, etc..
- PAN allotment letter or a self-attested copy of PAN Card.
Eligibility to Apply for a Duplicate PAN Card
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)/ Firm
- Hindu Undivided Families (HUFs)
Apart from individuals, the authorized signatory must file for the PAN application.
How to Surrender Duplicate PAN card?
It is not permissible by law to have two PAN Cards with two different PAN numbers; hence you will be needed to submit any one of them. You can surrender one of your PAN cards by following the steps given below:
- Write a letter to your assessing officer requesting the surrender of your PAN Card. Make sure you provide the necessary details of both your PAN cards.
- You will have to clearly mention the PAN card you want to submit and the one you wish to retain.
- You will have to hand over the letter to your assessing officer who will give you an acknowledgment number in return which will be the proof that the PAN Card surrendered by you is canceled.
Things to Know about Duplicate PAN Card Application
- When you lose your PAN card, you will first have to file an FIR. The FIR copy and the documents required for reprint PAN card application needs to be sent to the NSDL office
- In case the communication address is in India, the fee for processing these applications is Rs.110 including taxes.
- The fee for processing PAN Card applications when the address is outside India is Rs.1020 including taxes.
- Applicants can pay either through Credit Card/ Debit Card, Demand Draft or even Net Banking.
- In case applicants are paying via credit cards or debit cards, an additional charge of 2% will be applicable by the bank that provides a gateway facility. Also, exchange or conversion rates may be applicable.
- Once payment has been successful, an acknowledgment will be displayed which will have to be saved. This acknowledgment will have to be printed and sent to the NSDL e-Gov site.
- In case the applicant is a minor, then his/her Aadhaar number will have to be given in the application form. This number will then be authenticated.
- In case of a non-individual PAN applicant, the acknowledgment receipt will have to be signed by an authorized signatory i.e., Karta if it is HUF, Partner in case of a Partnership Firm, Director in case of Company, Trustee in case of Trust and Authorised signatory in all remaining categories.)
- In case a thumb impression is used as a signature, it will have to be verified by a Magistrate or a Gazetted Officer or a Notary Public, under an official stamp and seal.
- You will receive your PAN card at the address which is mentioned in your Aadhaar.
- While sending the application by post, on the top of the envelope mention “Application for Reprint of PAN-Acknowledgement No”.
Instances when the need for Duplicate PAN Card can Arise
There could be multiple reasons for an individual/company/trust to want a duplicate PAN card, with some of the popular ones mentioned below.
- Loss/theft – Given the fact that most of us carry our PAN cards in our wallets, it is possible to lose it on account of the theft of a wallet. This is a major reason for people to apply for a duplicate PAN card.
- Misplaced – We often misplace our cards, unsure as to where we left them. One can apply for a duplicate PAN on such occasions as well.
- Damaged – A PAN card can get damaged due to multiple reasons, leaving us with no option but to reprint it.
- Change of information – It is possible for errors to creep into a PAN card, requiring changes and/or reprint.
Note: A number of third-party websites provide the facility to replace/reprint a PAN card. While one can utilize them, their genuineness isn’t guaranteed, which is why it is recommended to use the official website for the same.
|Category of Applicant||Payment by Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking can be made by/for|
|Individual||Self or immediate family members (parents, spouse, children)|
|Company||Any Director of the Company|
|Firm/ Limited Liability Partnership||Any Partner of the Firm/ LLP|
|Association of Person(s) / Body of Individuals / Association of Person(s) Trust / Artificial Juridical Person / Local Authority||Authorized Signatory covered under section 140 of Income Tax Act, 1961|
You can download the Duplicate PAN Card PDF by clicking on the following download button.