Driving Licence Documents List PDF Summary
Dear readers, here we are providing Driving Licence Documents List PDF to all of you. The central government has launched a separate portal for the registration of driving license. Driving license is issued by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India.
Driving license can be obtained only by a person who knows how to drive. You can apply online on the official website of Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India. Earlier the driving license was issued by the RTO office of the districts, but now the driving license is issued by the Transport Commissioner Headquarters.
It is sent directly to the applicant’s address by post. After applying for driving license you are required to visit your district RTO office for verification purpose. Driving Licence Documents List will; prove vert beneficial for thos who want to apply online for Driving Licence.
Driving Licence Documents List PDF
Age Proof (any one of the below-given documents)
|4.||10th Class mark sheet|
|5.||Transfer certificate from any school for any class with the date of birth printed on it.|
Proof of Address required for DL:
Permanent Proof of address (any one of the following):
|3.||Self-owned house agreement|
|4.||Electricity bill (issued in applicants name)|
|6.||Voters ID Card|
Current Proof of address (any one of the following):
|1.||Rental agreement and electricity bill|
|2.||Rental agreement and LPG bill|
Other Requirements for Driving Licence:
|1.||Duly filled application form (to get the application form for driving licence, visit the nearest RTO or download it from the online portal for your state)|
|2.||6 passport-sized photographs (when applying for Learners Licence)|
|3.||1 passport sized photograph (when applying for Driving Licence)|
|5.||If you are staying in other cities, as current address proof, you can present the rental agreement with one recent utility bill copy which can be a gas bill or electric bill.|
|6.||Medical Certificate – Form 1A and 1 which is to be issued by a certified Government doctor.|
|7.||For all applicants over the age of 40 years, a medical certificate is mandatory.|
Driving Licence Eligibility Criteria
|Types of Vehicles allowed||Criteria|
|Vehicles without gears with engine capacity up to 50cc||16 years of age and parental consent.|
|Vehicles with gears||
Types of DL (Driving Licence) in India
- Learner’s licence
- Permanent licence
- Commercial Driving Licence
- The Road Transport Authority (RTA) issues a learner’s licence to the applicant before giving a permanent driving licence. It is valid for up to 6 months.
- To get this licence, the applicant needs to submit valid documents at the RTO and pass a small test.
- During the period of six months, the applicant is expected to polish his driving skills.
- If the applicant still does not feel confident about driving, he can extend his learning licence.
- The RTA issues a permanent driving licence post the completion learner’s licence period if the applicant meets the eligibility criteria.
- As per the criteria, the applicant should be 18 years of age and should clear the driving test.
- In case he fails the driving test, he can reappear for it after seven days of time.
Commercial driving licence:
- This commercial driving licence is specifically issued to heavy vehicle drivers such as trucks and delivery vans.
- The criteria for this are that the applicant should be 18 years of age or above (some states also keep 20 years as the minimum age), should be trained either in a government training centre or a government-affiliated centre, and should have completed education till 8th grade, has valid documents and already possess a learner’s licence.
You can download Driving Licence Documents List PDF by clicking on the following download button.