Climate Change Essay - Description
Dear readers, here we are offering Climate Change Essay PDF to all of you. The climate of India is broadly referred to as monsoon climate. Climate change has many causes and this change affects life on Earth in various ways. Climate change is actually called a change in the climatic conditions on the earth. The average condition of weather measured at a place over many years is called climate.
This happens due to various external and internal reasons including solar radiation, changes in the Earth’s orbit, volcanic eruptions, plate tectonics etc. In fact, climate change has become a cause of particular concern in the last few decades. Changes in the nature of climate on the earth have become a matter of global concern. The climate of a place depends on its location, altitude, distance from the sea and relief. That’s why we experience regional variation in the climate of India.
Climate Change Essay PDF
- Natural Reasons
These include volcanic eruption, solar radiation, tectonic plate movement, orbital variations. Due to these activities, the geographical condition of an area become quite harmful for life to survive. Also, these activities raise the temperature of the earth to a great extent causing an imbalance in nature.
- Human Reasons
Man due to his need and greed has done many activities that not only harm the environment but himself too. Many plant and animal species go extinct due to human activity. Human activities that harm the climate include deforestation, using fossil fuel, industrial waste, a different type of pollution and many more. All these things damage the climate and ecosystem very badly. And many species of animals and birds got extinct or on a verge of extinction due to hunting.
- Effects Of Climatic Change
These climatic changes have a negative impact on the environment. The ocean level is rising, glaciers are melting, CO2 in the air is increasing, forest and wildlife are declining, and water life is also getting disturbed due to climatic changes. Apart from that, it is calculated that if this change keeps on going then many species of plants and animals will get extinct. And there will be a heavy loss to the environment.
- What will be Future?
If we do not do anything and things continue to go on like right now then a day in future will come when humans will become extinct from the surface of the earth. But instead of neglecting these problems we start acting on then we can save the earth and our future.
Steps to be Taken to Reduce Climate Change
- The Government of India has taken many measures to improve the dire situation of Climate Change.
- The Ministry of Environment and Forests is the nodal agency for climate change issues in India.
- It has initiated several climate-friendly measures, particularly in the area of renewable energy.
- India took several steps and policy initiatives to create awareness about climate change, and help capacity building for adaptation measures.
- It has initiated a “Green India” programme under which various trees are planted to make the forest land more green and fertile. We need to follow the path of sustainable development to effectively address the concerns of climate change.
- We need to minimise the use of fossil fuels, which is the major cause for global warming. We must adopt alternative sources of energy, such as hydropower, solar and wind energy to make a progressive transition to clean energy. Mahatma Gandhi said that, “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s need, but not any man’s greed”.
- With this view, we must remodel our outlook and achieve the goal of sustainable development. By adopting clean technologies, equitable distribution of resources and addressing the issues of equity and justice, we can make our developmental process more harmonious with nature.
Climate Change Essay 3 (400 words)
Climate change is basically a modification in the distribution of the pattern of the average weather conditions on the Earth. When this change lasts for a few decades or centuries, it is referred to as climatic change. Several factors contribute towards change in the climatic conditions. Here is a look at these contributory factors and repercussions of climate change:
Factors Responsible for Climate Change
Here is a look at some of the main factors that cause a change in the climatic conditions on the Earth:
- Solar Radiation – Sun radiates its energy that reaches the Earth and is emitted back in the space. This energy is carried to different parts of the globe by way of winds, ocean currents and other mechanisms, thereby, impacting their climatic conditions.
- Volcanic Eruption – Volcano eruption is quite common on the Earth and this is another reason for the climatic change here. The effect of volcanic eruption on the Earth lasts for a few years.
- Human Activities – Life on the Earth itself contributes to the changes in its climate. The process of carbon emission by humans is one of the reasons that lead to changes in the climate. Emission of carbon due to fossil fuel combustion, burning of industrial wastes and vehicular pollution add to it.
- Orbital Variations – Variation in the Earth’s orbit causes a change in the seasonal distribution of sunlight received on it. This variation results in Milankovitch cycles that impact the climate adversely.
Climate Change Effects
Here is a look at the repercussions of climate change:
- Effect on Forests
Forests serve as home for numerous species of animals and plants and maintain the ecological balance on the Earth. However, changes in the climate have led to extinction of forests in many regions.
- Effect on Water
The water system on the Earth has been disturbed due to climate change. The rainfall pattern has become erratic thereby causing extreme conditions such as drought and flood. It has also caused melting of glaciers.
- Effect on Wildlife
Climatic changes have become a threat for the survival of various wild species. A number of species of wild animals and plants have gone down and many are on the verge of extinction.
Climate change is a global problem. Besides the natural forces, human activities have also contributed majorly to this change. While the natural forces cannot be controlled, human beings must ensure they control the activities that lead to negative impact on the weather in order to maintain harmony on the Earth.
You can download Climate Change Essay PDF by clicking on the following download button.