Class 10 Social Science Question Paper 2023 PDF Summary
Dear readers today we are going to share Class 10 Social Science Question Paper 2023 PDF Download free for all of you. CBSE 2023 10th and 12th examinations have been conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education from 15 February.
Earlier, CBSE Board released CBSE Class 10 Subject Wise Solved Sample Paper 2023 along with CBSE Class 10 Marking Scheme 2023 on September 17, 2022. CBSE Class 10 Sample Paper 2023 PDF is available on its official website (cbse.gov.in) and cbseacademic.nic.in.
Students who are going to appear for CBSE Class 10 Exam 2023 can easily get CBSE Class 10 Sample Papers 2023 Solved for all subjects including English, Science, Maths, Social Science and other subjects through our article which will prove to be very beneficial for you.
Class 10 Social Science Question Paper 2023 PDF – General Instructions
- i. Question paper comprises Six Sections – A, B, C, D, E and F. There are 37 questions in the question paper. All questions are compulsory.
- ii. Section A – From questions 1 to 20 is MCQs of 1 mark each.
- iii. Section B – Questions no. 21 to 24 are Very Short Answer Type Questions, carrying 2 marks each. The answer to each question should not exceed 40 words.
- iv. Section C contains Q. 25 to Q.29 are Short Answer Type Questions, carrying 3 marks each. The answer to each question should not exceed 60 words
- v. Section D – Questions no. 30 to 33 are long answer type questions, carrying 5 marks each. The answer to each question should not exceed 120 words.
- vi. Section-E – Questions no from 34 to 36 are case-based questions with three sub-questions and are of 4 marks each
- vii. Section F – Question no. 37 is map-based, carrying 5 marks with two parts, 37a from History (2 marks) and 37b from Geography (3 marks).
- viii. There is no overall choice in the question paper. However, an internal choice has been provided in a few questions. Only one of the choices in such questions has to be attempted.
- ix. In addition to this, separate instructions are given with each section and question, wherever necessary.
Class 10 Social Science Model Paper 2023 PDF – Section A MCQs (1X20=20)
1) What helped in the colonisation of Asian and African countries? Identify the correct statement from the following options.
A. Intergovernmental policies for the expansion of trade
B. Governmental invite to the mother countries for expansion
C. Technology, investments and improvement in transport
D. Capitalists of these regions wanted to trade with colonial powers
2) Which of the following newspaper was started by Bal Gangadhar Tilak?
3) Who among the following was the author of the book ‘Gita Govind’?
4) Arrange the following in chronological order:
I. Print culture created the conditions for the French Revolution
II. Martin Luther’s writings led to the beginning of the Protestant Reformation
III. Menocchio reinterpreted the message of the Bible
IV. Johann Gutenberg invented the Printing press
A. III, II, I & IV
B. I, II, III & IV
C. IV, III, II & I
D. IV, II, III & I
5) Identify the crop with the help of the following information
- It is a crop which is used both as food and fodder.
- It is a Kharif crop which requires a temperature between 21°C to 27°C.
- It grows well in old alluvial soil.
- The use of modern inputs has contributed to the increasing production of this crop.
6) Which of the following description of forest is NOT correct?
A. Reserved Forest -Reservation of more than half of forests
B. Protected Forest- Reservation of 1/3 of the forests
C. Unclassed Forest-Reservation of forest under govt. and private individuals
D. Permanent Forest-Reserved and unclassed forest for the production of timber
7) Match the following :
|A. Renewable Resources:||I. Forests and wildlife|
|B. Non-Renewable Resources:||II. The oceanic resources|
|C. National Resources:||III. Roads, canals and railway|
|D. International Resources:||IV. Minerals and fossil fuels|
A. a-I, b-IV, c-III, d-II
B. a-II, b-I, c-IV, d-III
C. a-IV, b-I , c-IV, d-II
D. a-I, b-IV, c-II, d-III
8) Consider the following statements regarding power-sharing arrangements in Belgium and identify the incorrect one from the following:
A. Equal number of members from Dutch and French communities in the central government
B. Separate government for Brussels with equal representation of communities
C. The state government is to be subordinate to the central government
D. Community government elected by people belonging to one language community
9) Which one of the following subjects comes under the legislation of the Centre and State in India?
10) Which of the following statement is true regarding Feminist Movements?
A. A group which favours giving more power to working women at the rural and urban levels.
B. A movement that believes in giving exclusive rights to females in urban areas.
C. Radical women’s movements aimed at equality in personal and family life as well.
D. It is the practice of placing a feminine and masculine point of view in decision-making.
11) Which one among the following pairs is correctly matched?
|LIST I||LIST II|
|A. Bharatiya Janata Party||National Democratic Alliance|
|B. Congress Party||Left front|
|C. Communist Party of India||Regional Party|
|D. Mizo National Front||United Progressive Alliance|
12) There are two statements marked as Assertion (A) and Reason (R). Mark your answer as per the codes provided below:
Assertion (A): Democracy is an accountable, responsive and legitimate government
Reason (R): Democracies have regular, free and fair elections and decision-making is based on norms and procedures
A. Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A.
B. Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A.
C. A is true but R is false.
D. A is false but R is true.
13) Which one of the following religions was protected and fostered by Sri Lankans in their constitution?
14) Find the odd one out from the following options:
A. Tourist Guide, Barber, Tailor, and Potter
B. Teacher, Doctor, Vegetable Vendor and Lawyer
C. Postman, Cobbler, Soldier and Police Constable
D. Indian Railways, Jet Airways, Doordarshan and Metro
15) Read the information given below and select the correct option
Rohan has taken a loan of Rs.5 lakhs from the bank to purchase a house at a 12% rate of interest.
He has to submit papers about the new house and salary records to the bank. What is this process called?
A. Interest Rate
C. Principal Amount
To Class 10 Social Science Question Paper 2023 PDF Download you can click on the following download button.