Banking Awareness PDF Summary
Dear readers, here we are offering Banking Awareness PDF 2022 to all of you. Banking Awareness is one of the most important topics to discuss because banking has become an undividable part of our daily life. Today banking has became more advanced and digital.
It is also known as digital banking. But, as you know that everything has different aspects that affect the functionality of that particular thing. There are many people who got scammed due to online banking and E-Banking because it is very easy to target people through the internet.
We should also take care of this because a little mistake can cause losing your hard earn money. This banking awareness pdf will provide you with point-to-point information about banking and its components so that you can do safe and secure banking without being cheated.
Banking Awareness PDF 2022 – History of Banking in India
- The first bank was established in India: the Bank of Hindustan in 1770.
- Second Bank: General Bank of India, 1786
- The Imperial Bank of India (IBI) was the oldest and the largest commercial bank in the Indian subcontinent. It was created in Jan 1921 by the amalgamation of three presidency banks, those are, Bank of Bengal, the Bank of Bombay, and the Bank of Madras.
- After its nationalization in 1955, the Imperial Bank of India was named as State Bank of India (SBI).
- State Bank of India merged with three banks namely Bank of Bengal, Bank of Bombay, and Bank of Madras in 1921 to form the Imperial Bank of India which was converted to State Bank of India.
- Central Bank of India was the first public bank to introduce credit cards.
- Central Bank of India is the first commercial bank that was managed by Indians.
- ICICI Bank was the first bank to provide Mobile ATM
- Bank of Baroda has the maximum number of overseas branches.
- India’s first “Talking” Automated Teller Machine (ATM) launched by Union Bank of India (UBI) for the visually impaired, was launched in Ahmedabad (Gujarat).
- The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) launches India’s first rural bank ATM card with a regional rural bank in Varanasi.
- First Indian bank got ISO: Canara Bank
- First Indian Bank started solely with Indian capital investment is PNB (Punjab National Bank). The founder of Punjab National Bank is Lala Lajpat Rai.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) was instituted in 1935.
- First Governor of RBI: Mrs. Osborne Smith ➢First Indian Governor of RBI: Mr. C. D. Deshmukh ➢First Bank to introduce Savings Account in India: Presidency Bank in 1833
- First Bank to introduce Cheque System in India: Bengal Bank in 1833
- First Bank to introduce Internet Banking: ICICI Bank
- First Bank to introduce Mutual Fund: State Bank of India
- Largest Commercial Bank in India – State Bank of India
- First Bank to introduce Credit Card in India: Central Bank of India
- Credit cards are known as Plastic Money
- Open market operations are carried out by RBI
- India’s First Financial Archive has been set up in – Kolkata
- CRR, SLR, Repo Rate, and Reverse Repo Rate are decided by RBI
- Savings bank’s interest rates, fixed deposit interest rates, Loan Rates, etc are decided by Individual Banks.
- The bank which has launched Mobile Bank Accounts in association with Vodafone’s m-paisa- HDFC Bank
- Largest Public-Sector Bank in India – SBI
- Largest Private Sector Bank in India – ICICI
- Largest Foreign Bank in India – Standard Chartered Bank
- First Indian Bank to open a branch outside India (London in 1946) – Bank of India
- The first RRB named Prathama Grameen Bank was started by Syndicate Bank.
- First Bank to introduce ATM in India: HSBC in 1987, Mumbai
- Capital Market Regulator is SEBI.
You can download Banking Awareness PDF by clicking on the following download button.