A Baker From Goa Class 10 PDF Summary
A Baker From Goa is written by Lucio Rodrigues. Lucio Rodrigues was a popular Konkani essayist who has written many milestone English and Konkani for various periodicals and magazines. If you are a class 10 student and looking for this then you can get here in detail.
A Baker From Goa Class 10 PDF – Summary
- A baker from Goa is a story that relates to the time when there was Portuguese rule in Goa. The story is of a baker living in a Goan village. During those times people ate loaves of bread.
- These were made in big furnaces. The bakers known as papers would come to sell these bread in the street and would make a jingle sound with the bamboo.
- Although, nowadays we may not see these loaves but may sometimes see the furnaces and some bakers carrying on the traditional business of their forefathers.
- The author remembers the coming of the baker twice a day during his childhood days. He was the author’s friend and guide.
- The maidservants in the author’s house would buy loaves of bread which they ate with tea.
Glimpses of India – A Baker from Goa Lesson Explanation PDF
- OUR elders are often heard reminiscing nostalgically about those good old Portuguese days, the Portuguese and their famous loaves of bread.
- Those eaters of loaves might have vanished but the makers are still there. We still have amongst us the mixers, the molders, and those who bake the loaves.
- Those age-old, time-tested furnaces still exist. The fire in the furnaces has not yet been extinguished.
- The thud and jingle of the traditional baker’s bamboo, heralding his arrival in the morning, can still be heard in some places.
- Maybe the father is not alive but the son still carries on the family profession. These bakers are, even today, known as pader in Goa.
You can download A Baker From Goa Class 10 PDF by clicking on the following download button.