12 Jyotirlinga Name And Place List PDF Summary
Dear readers, here we are sharing the 12 Jyotirlinga Name And Place List PDF with all of you. There are many deities in Hindusim those plays a very vital role in the regulation of the universe but Lord Shiva has a very significant place among the Hindus. Lord Shiva is also one of the most worshipped deities.
Lord Shiva is worshipped in various forms and ways but one of the most popular forms of Lord Shiva is Shivalingam which is also known as Shivalinga. Shivalinga means that symbolizes the Shiva. There are 12 main Shivalinga of Lord Shiva those are known as 12 Jyotirlinga.
12 Jyotirlinga Name And Place List PDF
|Names of Jyotirlinga’s||Location||State|
|Shree Somnath Jyotirlinga||Veraval (Somnath)||Gujarat|
|Mallikarjuna Jyotirlinga||Srisailam||Andhra Pradesh|
|Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga||Jaisinghpura, Ujjain||Madhya Pradesh|
|Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga||Khandwa||Madhya Pradesh|
|Vaidyanath Jyotirlinga||Shivganga Muhalla, Dardmara||Jharkhand|
|Bhimashankar Jyotirlinga||Bhimashankar, Pune||Maharashtra|
|Rameshwaram Jyotirlinga||Rameswaram||Tamil Nadu|
|Nageshwar Jyotirlinga||Daarukavanam, Devbhumi Dwarika||Gujarat|
|Vishwanath Jyotirlinga||Lahori Tola, Varanasi||Uttar Pradesh|
|Trimbakeshwar Jyotirlinga||Shrimant Peshwe Path, Trimbak||Maharashtra|
|Kedarnath Temple||Kedarnath, Rudraprayag||Uttarakhand|
|Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga||Aurangabad, Maharashtra||Maharashtra|
12 Jyotirlinga In India Details PDF
|Somnath||· It is traditionally considered to be the first pilgrimage site.
· It marks the beginning of the Dwadash Jyotirlinga pilgrimage.
· This temple is said to have been destroyed 16 times and rebuilt as well.
|Mallikarjuna||· This is also called as Srisaila and is located on the mountain in Kurnool district of Rayalaseema.
· The temple is architecturally rich and consists of various sculptures.
|Mahakaleshwar||· Ujjain is known for its Shiv temple across the globe.
· This Lingam is believed to be Swayambhu out of the 12 Maha Jyotirlingas.
· It is also the only one facing the South and has Shri Rudra Yantra placed upside down at the ceiling of the Garbhagriha.
|Omkareshwar||· It is situated in Madhya Pradesh as well.
· It is on an island in the Narmada river and is a home to Jyotirlinga shrine at the Mahala temple.
|Kedarnath||· Kedarnath is known to be the closest Jyotirlinga to Shiva’s actual home in Kailash mountain.
· This temple also forms a part of the famous Char Dham yatra of the Hindus.
· This location is accessible for only one time in every six months.
· It is also one of the Paadal Petra Sthalam of Vada Naadu mentioned in Thevaaram.
|Bhimashankar||· It is situated in Khed Taluka of Daakini country.
· This is why this place was called the Daakini temple too.
|Vishweshwara||· This Jyotirlinga is situated in Kashi, Varanasi.
· UP is said to be the home to Vishwanath Jyotirlinga shrine.
· It is also one of the Padal petra stalam of Vada Naadu that has been mentioned in Thevaaram.
|Trayambakeshwar||· This Jyotirlinga is situated on the banks of the river Godavari and the legend says that this temple marks the origin of the river as well.|
|Nageshwara||· This temple is situated in Gujarat, near Jamnagar and is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas mentioned in the Shiv Purana.
· It is known as the Dvādaśa Jyotirliṅga Stotram.
|Baidyanath||· It is considered to be one of the most sacred abodes of the Lord Shiva.
· It is located in Deoghar in Santhal Parganas division of the state of Jharkhand.
· This is popularly called Baba Baidyanath where the Jyotirlinga is installed.
· There are also 21 other temples in this region.
· As per the Hindu legends, Ravana worshipped Shiva here to gain the boon of 10 heads.
|Rameshwaram||· It is in Tamil Nadu and is the southernmost Jyotirlinga in India.
· It enshrines the Rameśvara-“Lord Rama ” pillar.
|Grishneshwar||· This temple is referred to as Ghushmeshwar temple in the Shiv Purana.
· It is one of the shrines of Shiv mentioned in the Shiv Purana.
You can download the 12 Jyotirlinga Name And Place List PDF by clicking on the following download button.